Premium Tax Credits (PTCs) help individuals cover the costs of health insurance plans purchased through a health insurance marketplace. An individual may have received a premium tax credit if they met all of the following criteria:
- They filed Form 8962 (Premium Tax Credit) with their federal tax return
- Their household income was between 100% and 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
- They could not be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer
- They did not file their federal tax return using the filing status "Married Filing Separately" (with certain exceptions)
- They did not have access to affordable coverage through their, or their family member's, employer
- They did not qualify for coverage through Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or other public assistance
You can learn more here.